Wednesday 15 April 2015

Transcribing the Interviews (Quotes for the Images)

Transcribing the interviews that I did for my final shoot took a very long time as most of them were about 8 minutes long.


Here are a few interviews that I wrote up:







After writing up the interviews, I highlighted the most interesting parts of them and changed the wording ever so slightly so that it made sense on it's own. I then put them in another word document, ready to accompany the final images:















I think the quotes are really successful because the stories of the Born-Again Christians are really interesting and unique. When I went into the shoot I was half expecting either stories about recovering alcoholics or the average 'I just decided to turn to God'. I was pleasantly surprised and came out with some interesting findings. It opened my mind to Christianity and gave me lots of respect to the individuals who were telling the stories, because most of them were really touching.
However, it did not change my mind about not being an atheist, because I still believe that there is a rational explanation behind everything, and it is all in the mind. I love psychology and believe that the reasons why they turned to God was psychological, as something big happened in their lives that meant they needed help, and Christianity was the thing they turned to.
Two of the quotes are not actually moments where the individuals become Christian, but it is about what God and Christianity means to them, which still fits well in my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment