Sunday 12 April 2015

Research on Born-Again Christians

As I am not a Christian myself, I want to research Christians (in particular born-again Christians) to get a deeper understanding for my project.


'Born Again'


- an act of God whereby eternal life is imparted to the person who believes.
- Sinners are spiritually dead; when they receive spiritual life through faith in Christ, the Bible likens it to a rebirth. Only those who are born again have their sins forgotten and have a relationships with God.

Despite all of the people coming from a very different demographic and reasons for converting, it was important to showcase the one factor they had in common, which is God and religion. Which is why I felt it was important to photograph them in the same place. All of the people in my final shoot went to the same Church and I wanted to have them in the same place (and with the cross in the background) to link them all together.


Testimonies Online

http://www.precious-testimonies.com/general/a-e/bornagainindex.htm

This is a large index of testimonies from around the world. Some of them are really interesting and similar to the testimonies that I got from my interviews.


http://www.twominutetestimonies.org/424/

These testimonies are from a Christian community called 'Doing Life Together'. It was created by someone in Britain but they hope to spread the online community throughout the world.
Most of the testimonies are not that interesting as most of the people are born into a Christian family and so they didn't have a particular moment when they became a Christian, and being religious is all they've known.

My Thoughts on Born-Again Christians

I am not a Christian, and after doing this project I am even more convinced that God does not exist, and it is all in the mind. I believe there's a logical reason behind everything, and even the instances where people faint in Church can be explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment