Monday 20 April 2015

Feedback from Tutorial (20th April)

I had very different feedback from todays tutorial, compared to last weeks. Learning from then negative feedback, I selected the images that we all decided were the strongest (4 images) and printed them in A4. I then transcribed the rest of the interviews with the individuals from the Church and wrote out my favourite quotes. I printed them out as well and put them next to the portrait images.
After seeing it all printed out and almost finished, Liz thought that the project was actually a lot stronger than she originally thought. She said that the images did not look that good when she saw small images on a screen, but when she saw them printed out and larger, she really liked them. She also really like them paired with the quotes, and said that the quotes were very strong.
She said that the only thing left that I needed to do is choose at least 2 other images (as the series will look best with at least 6 images) and 2 other quotes.
Also, I went into the tutorial unsure about whether to make a small zine of quotes from the Christians underneath the images, or just pieces of paper with the quote on them next to the images. The general consensus was that a book of quotes would be too distracting and would take the focus away from the images. Therefore, I think I'm going to go with the latter option.

These were the images that I took to the tutorial:



Liz said that this image is the weakest out of the four, because he is smiling slightly and the others aren't. Therefore I;m going to try to find a better image of the man, or another image of someone else and take him out of the project altogether.


No comments:

Post a Comment