Monday 13 April 2015

Feedback from Tutorial (13th April)

The feedback that I received from this presentation was quite negative and showed that I need to work on my project to make it a lot better.
I'm still working on transcribing the interviews that I conducted in the Church in London, and so the other thing that I could show in the tutorial was images that I had on my blog.
Liz said immediately that black and white does not work, and the images are more effective in colour. I agree with her because you can see a lot more detail in colour. Also, my peers in the tutorial said that they liked how you can see the shining gold of the cross in the images, and this is not shown in black and white.
Liz said that some of the images were good and we chose a few together, that I could use in my final piece of work. However, she said that she thought it would've been more interesting if I photographed the individuals in their homes. I highly disagree with this because the whole point of my project is to photograph the moment when they became Christian, and the project is not about their lives in general. If I photographed them in their homes, the project would become more about the people's personalities and not their faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment