Monday 27 April 2015

Final Edited Images

One of the final steps of my project was to edit my chosen images to make them look a little less yellow and more natural. I altered the colour balance on each image and this is the final result:







They all still have a slight yellow tinge to them but that is because of the yellow shining cross in the background of all the images. My least favourite is number 5, where it looks like a candle is sticking out of the man's shoulders. I tried to edit this out on photoshop using the healing brush tool, and this is the result:


I think it looks a lot better but I struggled a lot with the editing process as my photoshop skills are not perfect. I still think the image is the weakest out of the lot and so I don't think I'll use it in my final piece. The image itself also stands out because comparing it to the others, the cross doesn't look as yellow as it does in the other images. This is a minor detail but would mean that it would be the odd one out if I were to use it in my final piece.

Analysis of the Final Images


The thing I like best about the images is that they all have the cross in the background, which links the individuals together, and helps tell their story about Christianity. It also links the images together because they are all the same colour.
The 4th image is my favourite as the woman's pose is the strongest and the composition of the image is better than the other images.
The last image stands out because he is the only person looking away from the camera, but this doesn't matter so much to me because I feel like his story is the most shocking (he was a Satanist before he became a Christian) and so his personality stands out anyway.

I'm printing the images in A4, as I think this is more personal because you would have to walk up really close to the images to see them properly, and then you can also read the quotes and understand the individual's stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment