Sunday 15 March 2015

Practitioner Research

Clare Hewitt

Hewitt is a big inspiration for my project, as I love her portrait images. This project of hers is actually called 'Born Again Christians' and it was for the Independent Magazine in July 2014. I love how the images are really simple but you can clearly see the passion in the individuals' faces. I really like the natural lighting and I want this in my own images.
I also like how the series has a mixture of people looking towards and away from the camera, and I want to experiment with this in my own project.




These images are a completely different style to Hewitt's previous ones, however I really like them and am inspired because of how passionate the people look in them.









Vivianne Moos


Born-Again Chinese Christians in Church in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
I like this image by Vivianne Moos because it shows the passion of the Christians in Malaysia. It shows that it doesn't matter where you are in the world, people are passionate about God everywhere you go.

David Snyder

http://www.dsnyderphotography.com/photo-galleries/religion/

Snyder's project 'Religion' documents different people across the world who take part in religious ceremonies. He also takes images of the locations (churches etc). I like the angles of the images and the mix of different types of photography used.

Sophie Green - 'Tomorrow's People'

In this project of Sophie's, she photographed individuals who had gone through a troubling past and needed help, and so turned to the organisation called "Tomorrow's People", and made it into a book. On one page is a portrait image of the people, and then next to it is a picture that they think defines them or their situation. Also, the images are accompanied by a large piece of text which is a quote by each individual about their experiences and pasts, and how Tomorrow's People has changed their life. I really like the idea of the project and the images themselves, and I love how the portraits are paired with another image of objects or landscapes. This heavily inspires me for my project.





Sophie And Clare Hewitt both go for a natural lighting effect, which emphasises the simple feel of the portraits. I really want to use natural lighting or use location lighting but try and make it look natural, as I think this will look best.

Pedro Meyer - Religious Imagery







I find Meyer's images interesting because the composition of them are similar to what I am aiming for in mine. I like how the individuals are in the centre of the image and there is not too much in the background, but you can see that the project is about religion and Christianity because of the small details.
I really like the black and white images and this wants to make me try some of my images in the same style. I think they really work because it makes them look more dramatic and they stand out more. However, I don't know if they will work with my images.

No comments:

Post a Comment