Tuesday 31 March 2015

Feedback from First Tutorial

Over the course of the project I will have group tutorials with my tutor about my work. It was really interesting looking at everyone's projects because they are so different and unique.

At the beginning of the project, I was unsure about which direction I was heading in because I thought I was going to go to lots of Churches around Bristol and photograph the people who go to them. I knew I wanted to photograph people and then interview them about when and why they became Christian, and then make this into a photo book.

In my first group tutorial, I had a few test shoots to show Liz, but nothing that I was going to use as my final images as I had not got round to meeting anyone from Churches in Bristol. She suggested that it would be more interesting to photograph Christians in their homes as opposed to in or outside the Churches that they attend. I don't think that this idea will work because I really want to focus on the one aspect in the individuals' lives, God, and if I photograph them in their homes then it will let the viewer see every aspect of their life and so the project will become about the individuals' lives in general, not about Christianity.

She did like some of the images (especially the one below) and so I will try and make my final images look like these. I like the image below the best out of my test shoots as well, as I think it is the most aesthetically pleasing and I like the way that Becky is looking at the camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment